The Friends of Swindon Museum and Art Gallery (FSMAG) is a voluntary organisation which promotes and publicises Swindon Museum and Art Gallery and its activities to as wide a public as possible raising funds to purchase new items for the Museum and encourages sponsorship for the improvement of the collections and facilities. We are a registered charity (Charity No. 1050267) and were launched in July 1993 with a talk by our patron, the Surrealist painter and zoologist, Dr Desmond Morris.
FSMAG are dedicated to the development, maintenance and enhancement of the best possible museum and art gallery for Swindon, for the benefit of both Swindon residents and visitors from elsewhere. We act as local champions, providing input to management and ensuring formal community involvement in Council decision-making.
If you are interested in the well-being of the Museum and Art Gallery, we urge you to become a member and help build and improve on its success.
BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
- A practical way for you to support our unique Museum and Art Gallery
- A programme of lectures and trips
- Three issues of the Friends’ Journal every year
- Invitations to Private Views and social events
- Reduced price entry to talks
- Opportunities to become involved in specific museum projects.